Finding Our Way - Ten Week Marriage Counseling Program
(Ideal for Considerable levels of marital stress and conflict)
“The rock that is an obstacle in the path of one person becomes a stepping stone in the path of another.”
This program is designed for more mature couples in their 1st or 2nd relationship or marriage, together for more than 5 years. It is ideal for couples experiencing more significant levels of stress and conflict, couples struggling with communication, parenting issues, anger, outside influences such as infidelity, substance abuse, extended family issues, blended family issues, frequent fights and threats of divorce. This program is a very good choice to learn the tools you need to resolve recurring conflict and restore and maintain lasting love and harmony in your marriage. There is no shortcut to excellence. Success can only be achieved through a combination of infinite patience, determined focus, tireless effort and hard-won experience.
Weeks 1-3: ( 6hrs marriage counseling )
- Weekly two hour sessions
- Focus 1: Resolving current conflict
- Focus 2: Communication and Anger management and dynamics
- Focus 3: Understanding our differences in thinking, and beginning to work with them
Week 4: ( 2hrs marriage counseling )
- 2 - One hour individual sessions
- Focus: Individual issues - needs and relationship fulfillment
Week 5: ( 2hrs marriage counseling )
- 1 - One 2 hour session
- Focus: Integrating needs into the solution
Weeks 6-10: ( 6hrs marriage counseling )
- Weekly one hour sessions
- Focus 1: Effectively managing anger, and getting relationship and individual needs met
- Focus 2: Resolving past and current conflicts, identifying and understanding themes in conflict
Additional Benefit: ( 1hr marriage counseling )
- 1 - floating / as-needed session
"When we came to you, you were our last hope. Either marriage counseling worked or it was a divorce for us. It's been a long road, but our marriage is stronger than it's ever been, and we have you to thank for that. Thank you!"
-Bob and Kim - Marriage counseling Denver Colorado
Mastery of new ideas and skills takes a bit of time. Unless you commit and persist in your efforts to do something beyond what you have already mastered, things will be forever as they are today. The process of change and understanding is an ongoing state of exploration that is never finished... a journey that never ends.
There is hope.
Robert Whitman, Licensed Professional Counselor, MA, CAC III