Seeing it Through - Twelve Week Marriage Counseling Program
(Ideal for Relentless levels of marital stress and conflict)
Believe and Succeed “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'.”
This program is designed for mature couples in their 1st or 2nd marriage, together for more than 10 years. It is ideal for couples experiencing more significant levels of stress and conflict, couples struggling with a lack of intimacy, poor or nonexistent communication, long standing recurring issues, pending empty nesters, anger issues, substance abuse, frequent fights, outside influences such as infidelity, small business stress and threats of divorce. This program is a very good choice to learn the tools you need to resolve recurring conflict, reconnect and restore lasting love and harmony to your marriage. There is no shortcut to excellence. Success can only be achieved through a combination of infinite patience, determined focus, tireless effort and hard-won experience.
Weeks 1 - 4: ( 8hrs marriage counseling )
- Weekly two hour marriage counseling sessions
- Focus 1: Resolving current conflict
- Focus 2: Communication and Anger management and dynamics
- Focus 3: Understanding our differences in thinking and beginning to work with them
Week 5: ( 2hrs marriage counseling )
- 2 - One hour individual sessions
- Focus: Individual issues - needs and relationship fulfillment
Weeks 5 and 6: ( 4hrs marriage counseling )
- Weekly two hour counseling sessions
- Focus 1: Integrating needs into the solution
- Focus 2: Effectively managing anger, and getting relationship and individual needs met
- Focus 3: Resolving past and current conflicts, identifying and understanding themes in conflict
Weeks 7 - 12: ( 5hrs marriage counseling )
- 1 - One hour session
- Focus: Prevention, putting it all together, future planning
Additional Benefit: ( 1hr session )
- 1 - floating / as-needed sessions
"I'm finally taking time to write. I want you to know that I believe that GOD has given you your gift of counseling. It's His way of reaching people and healing people through you. You've helped us so much in so many ways, I just wanted to thank you for all you've done for us."
-Dawn - Marriage counseling Thornton, Colorado
Mastery of new ideas and skills takes a bit of time. Unless you commit and persist in your efforts to do something beyond what you have already mastered, things will be forever as they are today. The process of change and understanding is an ongoing state of exploration that is never finished... a journey that never ends.
There is hope.
Robert Whitman, Licensed Professional Counselor, MA, CAC III