A New Beginning - Fourteen Week Marriage Counseling Program
(Ideal for Critical levels of marital stress and conflict)
The Courage of Integrity
“The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity. Choosing right over wrong, ethics over convenience, and truth over popularity... these are the choices that measure your life. Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing.”
This program is designed for mature couples in their 1st or 2nd marriage, together for more than 15 years. It is designed for couples looking for a blend of individual and couples counseling. It is ideal for couples experiencing significant levels of stress, depression and conflict, couples struggling with a lack of intimacy, poor or nonexistent communication, long standing recurring issues, pending empty nesters, anger issues, substance abuse, frequent fights, outside influences such as infidelity, small business stress and threats of divorce. This program is a very good choice to learn the tools you need to resolve recurring conflict, reconnect and restore lasting love and harmony to your marriage. There is no shortcut to excellence. Success can only be achieved through a combination of infinite patience, determined focus, tireless effort and hard-won experience.
Weeks 1 - 4: ( 8hrs marriage counseling )
- Weekly two hour marriage counseling sessions
- Focus 1: Resolving current conflict
- Focus 2: Communication and Anger management and dynamics
- Focus 3: Understanding our differences in thinking, and beginning to work with them
Weeks 5: ( 2hrs marriage counseling )
- 2 - One hour individual sessions
- Focus: Individual issues - needs and relationship fulfillment
Weeks 7 - 10: ( 6hrs marriage counseling )
- Weekly two hour counseling sessions sessions
- Focus 1: Effectively managing anger and getting relationship and individual needs met
- Focus 2: Resolving past and current conflicts, identifying and understanding themes in conflict
- Focus 3: Integrating needs into the solution
Weeks 11 - 14: ( 3hr marriage counseling )
- 1 - Weekly one hour counseling sessions
- Focus: Prevention, putting it all together, future planning
Additional Benefit: ( 5, 1hr individual sessions )
- 5 - floating / as-needed individual marriage counseling sessions
"Rob, thank you so much for helping Nole and I. And for giving us such good advice, but most importantly for believing in me. I hope you know how much you've helped us and how much I appreciate it. Thank you."
-Amy and Nole - Westminster, Colorado
Mastery of new ideas and skills takes a bit of time. Unless you commit and persist in your efforts to do something beyond what you have already mastered, things will be forever as they are today. The process of change and understanding is an ongoing state of exploration that is never finished... a journey that never ends.
There is hope.
Robert Whitman, Licensed Professional Counselor, MA, CAC III